Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Comparing Art

Tonight I went to an art exhibit and was surprised that people were too busy checking out each other than looking at the art. I don't mean checking out as in guys checking out the girls and vice versa I mean women checking out other women. Comparing themselves to each other or in a way checking out the competition. I've seen this before many many many times and to this day I don't understand the point of it. Why compare yourself to someone else? What happen to I am who I am?

One of the things I hate is the female look over. For those of you who are unaware of the look over it's simple but fast and annoying. Women stand with their friends and while they are "talking" they causally look to their side or behind their friends and give the nearest woman a look from top to bottom. First takes a look at the hair and makeup and then quickly makes it down to check out the hand bag followed by the shoes. They don't try very hard to hide it while they're actually doing all this. I hate it so much. Honestly what's the point of it?

4 comments:

  1. I thought you will tell us why they do this ... Or why men do not do the same ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) i will...stayed tuned..was pressed for time when i orginally wrote it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete