Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Unwanted Information

Someone close to me put me in the most awkward situation. We went out together to catch up since I haven't seen her in a long time and a few minutes into our conversation she says she has something important to tell me and I can't tell anyone about it.....she's still dating her bf. Uuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh It's the same bf that we all hate and the same bf that caused her drama and the same bf who in many people's opinion is a gold digger with no manners. In my mind a voice was screaming "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

The evening progressively got worse. So after laying this awful news on me she decides to tell me while we're eating that he just messaged her and he's going to stop by to say hello. That's when my stomach did a back flip and I lost my appetite.

So the gross guy shows up with his ego the size of the world times 2. I'm trying my hardest to remain nice even though he does not deserve it. He starts talking and garbage came out of his mouth. For no reason he decides to insult me. You know those moments when your mind draws a blank from sheer surprise of what you just heard? I drew a blank and now as I think about it I have many perfect responses to his insults. Uuuggghhhh why can't I be rude to people that deserve it?

Now I'm stuck in a situation where I can't tell anyone that she's still dating that annoying-beyond-words individual and I know she needs to get out of that situation. Seriously I didn't want this piece of information and on top of it all I get insulted by this guy.

People get a sense of relief when they share their drama with others but the people that hear it are left with unwanted information and the burden of thinking how to act accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment